Die Preise sind in US-Dollar, ich habe die Beschreibungen nicht übersetzt. Weitere Informationen zu erzielten Verkaufspreisen.
1. The First Six Books of the Elements of Euclid by Elucid - $11,750
Charles Wittingham of Chiswick Press published this edition of Euclid’s works on Euclidean geometry in 1847.Written and designed to simplify Euclid's propositions, this remarkable example of Victorian printing has been described as one of the oddest and most beautiful books of the century.
2. Poems (1909-1925) by T.S. Eliot - $8,500
Containing many of Eliot’s canonical works including “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock,” “The Hollow Men,” and “The Waste Land,” this is a first edition, one of 85 numbered copies signed by Eliot.
3. Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis - $7,950
First edition of Lewis's earliest and rarest works from 1938.
4. An Historical and Descriptive Account of the Suspension Bridge Constructed over the Menai Straight in North Wales With A brief Notice of Conway Bridge from Designs by and Under the Direction of Thomas Telford by Thomas Telford - $7,614.
Account of one of the world’s first modern suspension bridges linking mainland Wales with the island of Anglesey. A 1828 first edition elephant folio printed in London with 17 engraved plates.
5. Merely Connect by Tom Philips and Salman Rushdie - $7,325
A first edition of the collaboration between artist Tom Philips and author Salman Rushdie, this 1994 Harvard publication had an extraordinarily small print run. Signed by both authors
6. Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell - $6,780
First edition, first printing, of Orwell’s 1949 dystopian classic featuring the red dustjacket
7. Anthropos. Revue Internationale d'Ethnographie et de Linguistique - $5,458
A collection of 60 volumes of the International Journal of Anthropology and Linguistics. Articles are in French, German and English covering all topics of the discipline.
8. Gmelins Handbuch der Anorganischen Chemie by Leopold Gmelin - $5,284
Gmelins Handbook of Inorganic Chemistry, a virtually complete set of 372 volumes published between 1926-1984.
9. Five Go to Smugglers Top by Enid Blyton - $5,038
First edition from 1945 of the fourth book in Blyton’s Famous Five series
10. The Ascent of Everest by John Hunt - $5,000
First edition from 1953 about the first ascent of Everest. Signed by 40 famous climbers including Edmund Hilary, who wrote the 16th chapter of the book